Thursday, March 25, 2010

The New Golden Goddess Collection

My first collection!! Wow!! The day I received the news from a designer from India. Only a few months ago, Sha contacted me and said a lot of very flattering compliments, then offered to make a collection for me. I didn't believe the offer at first and just said
that's really sweet, thank you.
left it alone, then he came back to me a few weeks later and said
please e-mail me what you want your collection to look like, I want to start making it.
I thought for a second..
wow, is this really going to happen??
So I called my mom, who is a very talented international jewelry designer, and told her about the clothing designer, Sha. She instantly said
wow, this is great! I knew this would happen for you!
So I went on to ask her ideas since she's my mom and knows a lot about me and my taste. Next thing you know, I get all these e-mails from my mom about ideas of designs that fits me and my personality. I'm looking at them and thinking
wow, I love it!
So I'm adding in other ideas from that and e-mail Sha. Then a few days later he comes up with a sketch of my dress I'll be wearing to the launch party.
I love it!!
Then Sha sends me more sketches a few weeks later of the whole collection based on what I told him in my style. So I choose these exclusive sketches and e-mail him back my choices. Sha is taking a lot of time in finding the best silks in the world, dying them, hand embroidery, hand sewing thousands of beads into the dresses... barely sleeping! He's very good in communicating with me too, calling me on a daily basis asking me questions about sizes, color, etc.. Oh yeah! Choosing the exact colors of what's going to be in the collection can be so confusing.....you're looking at pages of colors trying to choose your favorite for the collection. It's a huge deal because your decision is everything!! These are what the colors will be and you have to be happy with your selection for every dress.. you can't change your mind. Of course, I call my mom to clear my mind a little bit. She helps me out a little bit because staring at all these colors can make you dizzy then you're like..
Is that green, blue, aqua...... it's looking like one color to me now..
So my mom chooses some colors and I choose a couple and then we match our selection. I'm loving her selections. It's all me... It's exactly what I'm going for and trying to accomplish. Gold is the main color because the most unique thing about me are my eyes. I know that there isn't anybody out there that has the same color eyes as me. I've heard that my whole life. SooOoooOo my eye color gold will be the main color in the collection. My mom and I found the closest color in the Pantone selection.... so you will see....

May 5th, 2010 at the Gansevoort Hotel in South Beach. Right now the guest list is being created so far family, friends, artists, fashionistas from all over are coming to one place at one time to see the launch of Studio d'Art, the launch of my collection, and the launch of Golden Goddess Kiwi Jane. How exciting. The owner of Studio d'Art is my best friend Novoa Champion. That's another story... very adventurous!! We moved to Miami on a whim.. we're very spontaneous people. I love him! Kiwi Jane is the name of my moms jewelry company. She hand crafts jewelry and sells it all over including, Belgium, Holland, Germany, etc... I know her exclusive collection made for my Golden Goddess collection will be amazing!! She a perfectionist and adds passion and love into it. I'm very excited to see the finished products! The models will be wearing her jewelry with the dresses on the runway. Of course for the casting call I'm carefully selecting the models.. The collection is reflecting me so the models have to look of what i'm going for. I'll be putting the casting call information up a few weeks before the launch. The collection is Golden Goddess which simply means the main focus is gold (will have other colors too) and will be very Goddess like.. if a woman is walking down the street or at a party.. as my mom puts it
men will be dropping like flies
You notice the woman.. you look at what she's wearing and you think
she's a Goddess
The jewelry will compliment her.. the dress fits like it's made for her.. and the richness of the gold, design, and quality will sell the look. My goal is to make.....
any woman look and feel like a Goddess.
Women should feel and look beautiful if they don't already. If they do, then they will look and feel more like a Goddess especially with this collection! :)

Next, you'll be seeing more about the designer so you can get to know Sha a little more.. A little overview.. Sha has designed for other designers that's selling their collections in Nordstrom. He designed internationally for Miss Hawaii and celebrities like Courtney Cox, etc. He is very passionate in designing hand made dresses and he's a very sweet down to earth spiritual person.
It's truly an honor to work with him.


I hope you enjoyed my first blog entry!

Love,

Lauren Alexon
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment